Saturday, June 15, 2013

Trend: Comic book

The obsession started with 3.1 Phillip Lim comic book sweater.  I thought about diying the t-shirt, but I can't do any diy right now and honestly it just seems tedious. I don't have the means or will to spend the money on 3.1 Phillip Lim. I haven't gone shopping and when I did, I didn't see anything comic book inspired. I had given up hope of having comic book print clothing about 2 weeks ago. I know there's online shops that carry this trend, but I don't like to buy clothing/shoes online.



Today we(my mother-in-law and my self) went shopping to JCPenney Outlet store and I found a t-shirt with the comic book strip print. The t-shirt has a light-pink background with a multitude of colors and its by Marvel comics, which is cool that its a real comic book brand. The print is similar the the one in the clutch below except it has more of a comic strip look to it.  I don't own anything light-pink and its nice to add a new color to my wardrobe. I plan to wear it with mint color jeans and black high-top converse. It will be a very simple outfit, but when the whether is 110 degrees I know I'm going to be sweating. I love scandalous outfits, but I simplify during the summer; less is more.




After JCPenny's we went to Ross and I found comic book leggings. The leggings were $10. At first I thought they were too much, but after carrying them around for a bit I thought it was fair enough and decided that I wasn't going to leave without them. The leggings are very similar to these but in black/ white.

I do plan to diy a comic book inspired clutch, I already have the white clutch I want to use, I just need the acrylic paint and my camera. I really want to make sure I take pictures of the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment