Monday, June 24, 2013

My Thrifted Story

I have had to go thrift shopping with my mom my entire life. I come from a low income family and we usually didn't have money to go buy things new and had to go to thrift stores. I stopped when I was a teen because I had my own money and I didn't want to spend my money on used clothes. I was also getting really into fashion trends and wanted to fit in. I wasted a lot of money on trendy clothes that I didn't love and are no longer trendy.  Looking back at my teen years I made a lot of mistakes and not thrifting was one of them.  I started shopping at the thrift store about the time I turned 19 because I realized that I can't afford my buying habits.  I think I have a small shopping addiction and thrift makes me think its not bad since I'm not shopping at department stores, while getting my shopping fix.  I don't think I will ever stop shopping at the thrift store I actually think I  will buy more at the thrift store.

The clothes I have owned for the longest time are thrifted. All of the vintage clothes I own come from the Goodwill Outlet.  To me the 80s isn't vintage and I do own 80s clothes.  Most if not all of my handbags are from the thrift store.  I do buy shoes at the thrift store and the higher quality shoes I own are thrift. Well, not just shoes, but the majority of my clothing that is higher quality are thrift. My point being that I love the thrift stores because they have vintage clothes and higher quality clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment